Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: SNAP HOOP..... MACHINE EMBOIDERY

Anyone actually have or used one of these??? they sound like heaven, but as usual with new product, kinda pricey.

http://www.dzgns.com/shopping_cart/i...fhf8km9r26teh0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    Anyone actually have or used one of these??? they sound like heaven, but as usual with new product, kinda pricey.

http://www.dzgns.com/shopping_cart/i...fhf8km9r26teh0
    I haven't used them. I have Vikings and my dealer tells me they won't work with Vikings. They seem awfully pricey to me too. I also wonder about the magnets. You should never have magnets around computerized sewing machines, will ruin the memory.

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    I have the Magna Hoop which looks to be the same thing. I do like it. Easy to hoop difficult projects and you only have to hoop the stabilizer..the magnets hold your project in place. And no, the magnets will NOT harm your computerized machine.

The Jumbo hoop for my Bernina snaps in easy so I don't need anything like this. Ouch, very pricey. Though who am I kidding, Bernina hoops are even more expensive!

Blog Entries
    The magnets will not harm your machine unless you were to cover the computerized part with them! Check with your dealer and they will confirm this! I was skeptical when I first heard about the Magna Hoop but both my dealer and Janome assured me there was no problem. I love the Magna Hoop. It comes in so handy with projects on fabrics you don't want to leave hoop marks on such as suede, velvet, etc. Also small things like belts or pockets are much easier than trying to hoop.

I have investigated the Snap Hoop and so far the price has prevented me from buying it. Hope it drops soon.