Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Snappy or layed back?

When you are shopping for fabric do you find yourself leaning more toward snappy or layed back colors :?: In going through my stash I find that I go for snappy 100 to 1 unless someone has asked for a specific(sp?).

south east ND. 60 miles from MN and 25 from SD
    Same here. I gravitate toward bright colors

Blog Entries
    snappy,mostly all the time..i love bright colors,
    and i don't care for making baby blankets in the usual pinks and blues..I love them, but prefer to work with brights..!

my avitar is a baby quilt i made..brights, with balck polka dots on the ends..

I did a flannel baby quilt for my youngest dgs that was black with an off blue snowmen, houses and hearts. It was beautiful!!

I really like your question, it made me think. I do not have anything in my stash that would be considered bright. The closest I have is 1930's floral prints. I am a little intimidated by the brights, but maybe someday. :-D

Me too....those jewel tones grab me every time. Purples, reds. teal etc. I force myself to buy other things to balance them out, but I oh and ah at the "snappy" colored quilts!!
    Ditter

Blog Entries
    I would have to say snappy! BUt I also have to say I am always more attracted to warm colors such as reds...browns and pinks.

Blog Entries
    I'm more of an earthy/jewel tone kinda' gal...but thats not to say I don't love all the other colors too...I need to break out of my comfort zone.

Blog Entries
    Sitting here thinking about it, I tend to buy warm earthy colored laid back tones more often than the snappy brights. I think the only snappy colors I have are in charm pack like Moda's Clementine and Happy Campers or when I buy box lots and bright fabrics are in there.

Snappy by all means. Batiks are my favorite. Orange used to be my least favorite color but now it seems everytime I buy fabric it has some orange in it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast