I decided that I needed a design wall. I had tried laying my projects on the bed, not a good idea since that process attracted the dogs and cat. Next I tried pinning blocks and fabrics on the curtains. Well, that was OK, but not satisfactory. Next idea was to hang a piece of batting over the closet doors, again that was OK, but I found that I needed to get in the closet too much. The final solution was to purchase three 1 inch insulation boards, I wanted 4 foot wide boards, but my local hardware store did not have that size. The boards were 8 foot by 2 foot wide. Since I am rather vertically challenged, I cut 20 inches off the top. Actually all I did was to reach as high as I could on the board and mark it. It was easy to cut using a utility knife and snap off the short pieces. I then got out my best roll of duct tape and improvised it to make flexable hinges for the board. That way it can be folded and put away if needed.
I had purchased some cheap cotton batting to cover it. That was a bad idea. It was nasty stuff, and knew that it would not work well at all. So I had to use my last big piece of Quilters Dream .
I also made a small pressing board. Because my work space is so small, the ironing board was set up in the bedroom. I got tired of going off to the bedroom to do my seam pressing. The solution was to use the bamboo cutting board my stepson gave me for Christmas. I covered it with foil, then a piece of Quilters Dream batting, and a piece of heavy muslin. Perfect!
Sorry for the quality of the photos, my work space does not have good lighting. That might be the next project.