Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So Excited About Thread

Recently I got some med. gold/tan for a cat panel I am doing. I was so very lucky to get it 40% off. Sis and I went out and stopped at the same store last week. I thought I would get the purple hand quilting thread for Sis's quilt. Well, it was on sale again...30% off. I got three spools of different colors for future projects. Now that I have these, I am so tempted to go out and get other colors that I don't even need. Someone hold me back....

Blog Entries
    Yup, it's a sickness, all right...Isn't it grand????

Sorry, I can't hold you back. I can't even stop myself. I can tell your hooked.

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in this addiction!!!

I have supervised visits to the fabric store, I can't trust myself to do it alone, all those pretty red tags yelling 40% off.... come and get it girls!!!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    You have already shown more restraint then I could have. Me leaving with 3 spools when it's a great sale price? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Blog Entries
    "Someone hold me back...."

:lol: Why hold you back. If I have the money, I would definitely be doing the same thing. I know I will use it up in the next year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma1
    I have supervised visits to the fabric store, I can't trust myself to do it alone, all those pretty red tags yelling 40% off.... come and get it girls!!!!! :thumbup:

That put a smile on my face. I can picture me having mine supervised. Hey, wait a minute. Maybe I could have my quilting sister supervise me. What a great "out" that is.

I tried having my DD go with me. They don't sew. It backfired. They picked out fabric for their "next" quilts. They bought their own fabric and encouraged me to get more too. DGD pointed out the floral fabrics because she knows I love it. I spent more than if I went along. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I tried having my DD go with me. They don't sew. It backfired. They picked out fabric for their "next" quilts. They bought their own fabric and encouraged me to get more too. DGD pointed out the floral fabrics because she knows I love it. I spent more than if I went along. Sigh.
    Littlehud, thank you for the laugh you gave me today! I enjoyed your story!!

:thumbup:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast