Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So Excited! Almost done! One-Project-Rule here I come! >

So Excited! Almost done! One-Project-Rule here I come!

So Excited! Almost done! One-Project-Rule here I come!

Old 11-18-2015, 01:31 AM

Not knowing how to "do" a project has never stopped my from starting. But it does stop me along the way to finishing. Like not knowing how to do the binding as someone mentioned. One quilt took 5 years: first to find the perfect fabric, then trying to redraft to block, then knowing something was wrong and couldn't determine what it was, redraft the block again, then needle turn applique 8x12 exactly the same pieces (got so bored, really had to persevere). I love to challenge myself, but I need other projects going at the same time. Lately I've discovered that when I'm stuck, making fabric post cards with whimsey helps me get going again. I do try to avoid UFO's in other areas of my life.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:34 AM

congrats on the completion of your UFO... I'm sure it will be a sigh of relief when the last stitch is taken.

I'm sure it's not too uncommon to have one quilt that becomes a little less than exciting, whether it's the pattern or piecing. In fact, I have one I keep adding to my list of goals each January when I post my goals for the coming year... For 2015 it was at the top of the list but wouldn't you guess I completed almost all of the other goals except that darned quilt. I guess it will be on the top of the list for 2016 too. : )
Old 11-18-2015, 11:25 AM

Hurray!!!! Its so fun to finish one up and think about what to do next
Old 11-18-2015, 08:50 PM

I think your fur baby is cute and I love the fabric on the back. It looks like a pretty good sized quilt. You were not behind. You just had to wait for that niece to grow into the quilt!
Old 11-18-2015, 10:30 PM

I stick to the one project rule but when I find myself getting burned out on it I find a stopping point and make an easy topper to hang in closet until needed like a baby topper, then I'll bring it out, sandwich and SITD & Finnish it up then it's back to the original quilt. I have 2 1/2 queen quilts to make for my kids then... I get to make all the quilts I have on my wish list of just fun to make and learn by. So many I want to make so little time. My hat is off to you wonderful experienced quilters out there! Thanks for letting me hang onto your coat tails and learn!
Jeri
Old 11-19-2015, 05:52 AM

Your quilt will be adorable when it's done. Be sure to post pics so we can admire it!

I tried the one project rule, but I do better and get more accomplished if I can move between 2-3 projects. I found I would still get bored and put a project aside, but without working on anything until the urge hit me again, I was getting nowhere fast.