Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Excited

Blog Entries
    I am going to my very first quilt show tomorrow!! I can't wait. I'm still trying to figure out what my budget is, dh won't commit. lol Best of all...dh is coming with me!!! I wonder if they'll let me take pictures. Did I tell you I'm really excited. lol

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo!! I am very excited for you!! :D:D:D

I went to my first one last weekend and had weekend passes so that I wouldn't miss anything but I was rather disappointed. I did go on both days, once by myself and once with my DD. I did buy some patterns as if I need more of those!!!!) and a couple of rulers but the fabrics I thought were way to expensive. I did get some ideas for future projects but I don't need any more ideas as I am having trouble making the ones I already have. I did see the new Janome Horizon machine and it is definitely on my wish list. I have the Janome MC6500 mow and I absolutely love it but now I want the Horizon.

Blog Entries
    Jumping Up and Down, have fun, lots to see!

wear comfortable shoes, I always carry a water bottle inside my tote bag, a bag to carry to put your goodies inside

have fun, hope you can take pictures

are you meeting any other quilt board members there?

where is the show, please post about the show in offline topics so others can enjoy the show if they live close by

on the subject line put the date of show, city and state and then in the message section you can put more about the show for hours, directions etc. (if you have link to the show put that there)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    I am going to my very first quilt show tomorrow!! I can't wait. I'm still trying to figure out what my budget is, dh won't commit. lol Best of all...dh is coming with me!!! I wonder if they'll let me take pictures. Did I tell you I'm really excited. lol

Have fun, I have only been to one where you can buy things, I did buy a couple rulers,but man-o-man the ideas you can get there. You might take a paper and pencil to write down ideas or names of quilts you want to look up later,I wished I had.

Blog Entries
    You know that quilt shows just flame the addiction,lol,JK. I love quilt shows big & small. They are so inspiring! Have fun and enjoy it. Don't forget that camera!

Blog Entries
    I have never been to a quilt show and hope to go to one while in Texas.

Blog Entries
    I go to all the quilt shows I can. I do not go to purchase.
    I do buy a few things, of course, how can one resist, but I mostly go to see. And see. And see.

Have fun!

jsw

I went to my first quilt show last October and was so thrilled with it. My husband encouraged me to show some of our quilts this year, so we took five antique quilts from our collection. How fun is that! Last year's show really inspired me to pursue quilting as a hobby. I love it. The helpful tips and suggestions from this site have been a great help to me. Thank you all so much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast