Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So I went out to get a yard of fabric for a binding ...

So I went out to get a yard of fabric for a binding ...

In an earlier post I mentioned how wonderful I have been doing getting my UFOs finished since I broke out of my post holiday slump. I needed a yard of material for making binding for the last one I'm finishing. Well ... 10 yards of fabric, 3 spools of thread, a pattern, a magazine and some trinkets from the notions wall later ..... I believe I was possessed.

Blog Entries
    I know the feeling. I get blind sided every time. You would think I'd wise up...nope! The fabric demon got me again!

Can't help but laugh. This sounds like me.

Blog Entries
    I don't think throwing holy water at this one will expunge the demon. lol You did good!
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blame it on chemicals/drugs they pump into the fabric shops. Odorless, colorless....

You sound exactly like me! Hehehe

I only go to a local QS if I really need something. Have yards and yards of fabric and really don't need more but there is always that one fabric (at least) that pulls my eye. I really have to have a garage sale and sell some of this stuff. I don't quilt by hand anymore and I've got all those quilting needles still in packages and I think I have every color thread there is after 78 years.

I've probably gotten more stuff when I wasn't looking for it than when I was!
    Bless, O Lord, the works of my hands....

P. C.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyDav View Post
    In an earlier post I mentioned how wonderful I have been doing getting my UFOs finished since I broke out of my post holiday slump. I needed a yard of material for making binding for the last one I'm finishing. Well ... 10 yards of fabric, 3 spools of thread, a pattern, a magazine and some trinkets from the notions wall later ..... I believe I was possessed.
    HaHa-I like that excuse-think I will use it next time! If that don't work, I'll try the drugged by chemicals theory!!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Its kinda like when you run out of milk.. You walk in the store to grab it but you see other things you need along the way... then to walk out without what you came for in the first place..

I cannot tell you how many times Ive done that in the fabric store- only to have to run back in to pick up what I needed in the first place..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast