Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you! >

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

so, show us what quilting goody santa brought you!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by kuntryquilter View Post
A completed new sewing/quilting room. I plan to post pictures after I get it organized, which may take a couple of months, I have so much fabric to fold.
Ohhh can't wait for those pics-you are going to have a ball putting it all together.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:15 AM

I got a $50.00 gift card for Joanna fabrics sell is going so Iuse it before the 3rd of January. More to add to my stash.
Thanks to my youngest daughter, got to love them She loved thte quilt I gave her for Christmas..
Old 12-27-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
I received 4 novels --all sewing mysteries. all of the "A Someday Quilts Mystery". I have some fabrics on the way, and a new/old sewing machine in the shipping. Yea! Oh and a new Iron-off fabric marker that I can't wait to try.
BarbaraSue...your post about " A Someday Quilts Mystery" lead me to do a search as I hadn't heard of this series-thank-you. And I am curious what is a Iron-off fabric marker?
Sounds like you are well loved.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:17 AM

Santa brought me a Bailey Home Quilter 13 and my son gave me a drafting stool on wheels to use when I am quilting.
Bunches of thread, a couple of quilt books, a ruffler foot for my little Brother machine.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I got a new grandson born Dec 24!!!
I got lights!!! one little LED light with a goose neck for looking inside sewing machines, one clamp on the table electric LED light and a battery powered LED light that clamps or sits on the table - I was complaining about how bad my lighting was I guess.
Miriam...congrats on the GS...what a nice gift and all the lights were a nice bonus too.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt View Post
A gift certificate for Joanns and the book Serger Sewing Basics. Someone recommended the book. It's great for a beginner serger. It shows you all the basics and has projects telling you settings to use and how to use the serger. Also got my sewing table but that was an early present since I've been using it a month.
QTUW....I will have see if i can find that book as I received a new Brother 1034D serger for christmas, along w/ lots of other quilty goodies. My family treated me well .
Old 12-27-2011, 06:45 AM

My DH got me a brother embroidery machine and a thread case with 44 spools of embroidery thread. My first embroidery machine--so excited!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 AM

great gifts,love the black Singer on top-would love to have one like that
Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 AM

My 11 year old dgd was all excited about the gift she bought me - open it first she kept telling me - all day long. It's the only quilty gift I got this year which is unusual . It was a pair of earrings made like the old Singer sewing machines. They are really cute. One of the older kids sent me a gift certificate so that will probably be spent on something quilty.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:10 AM

I got some dies for my Accuquilt Go, a Kindle Fire, an afghan with pictures of the family at my 80th birthday party, a coffee mug and mouse pad with pictures from the same party; and, most important, a wonderful time with our family! We ate, drank, played Apples to Apples, and had fun opening gifts.

I always fill large drawstring bags for each person (like huge Christmas stockings.) Inside are wrapped objects including practical objects like pocket calendars, soap, etc., containers of candy, and silly toys. Hidden among these objects are 5 one-dollar bills.

Our children's and grandchildren's ages vary from 58 to 18. It's hard to know who enjoys exploring these bags the most!