Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So what did you get at JoAnn's sale?? >

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

So what did you get at JoAnn's sale??

Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 AM

I was there when they opened---have not seen so many women in one place in years, but it was fun. Everyone was picking flannels & fleece and sharing when their cut was done. They even opened a line just for those with only 3 or less items to cut (that was not me)and everyone was chatting and trading information. I was terribly excited to see that there were a lot of ladies buying the flannel for making donation quilts.
In these rough times, it warmed my heart to see so many helping others. I got flannel for 5 pairs of pajama bottoms, 2 for robes for my great nieces,1 for a quilt for my sweet dog, and a couple to add to what I have for donation quilts. Also got some white serger thread, 4 pkgs of quilt batting for donation quilts, some thread and a couple of pieces of cotton fabric. Total cost was $50.00 but when I showed DH that I had saved over $150 he was thrilled. It was so nice to go and just take my time for a change. Hope you all had a great day too!!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
I wonder why they call it Black Friday? It sounds to me like we all had a great time the day after Thanksgiving! Why don't they just call it the annual Turkey Trot or Gizzard Blizzard or Leg up on everyone else or Stuffing Day or something like that! Black Friday sounds like everyone is lining up to get the plague or something! Edie :roll:
I think they call it Black Friday because some retailers know they will finally be out of the "red" for the year and in the "black". Something like that anyway--I've never worked retail.
Rose Hall
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 AM

I didn't even go to Joanns.... I bought a lot 2 years ago at .99 cents a yard and still have a lot left lol........

I have learned that most of my stash sets and I buy new stuff for my projects.....I have donated a lot of it lately and am trying to use it more...I just want more sewing room and all the crates and shelves don't help....but it was a great sale...I read the flyer :wink: ;) ;-)
Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
I wonder why they call it Black Friday? It sounds to me like we all had a great time the day after Thanksgiving! Why don't they just call it the annual Turkey Trot or Gizzard Blizzard or Leg up on everyone else or Stuffing Day or something like that! Black Friday sounds like everyone is lining up to get the plague or something! Edie :roll:
I think they call it Black Friday because some retailers know they will finally be out of the "red" for the year and in the "black". Something like that anyway--I've never worked retail.
Rose Hall
Rose...you are correct. It has traditionally been the day that pulls retailers out of the red, however, it seems that even Black Friday sales are having a hard time doing that for some retailers the last few years. :(
Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 AM

I went at 8 AM Black Friday and they had sold out of the things i wanted as they opened at 6 AM. Oh well I guess it wasn't ment to be. Me and my money came home together. :thumbup:
Old 12-07-2009, 06:35 AM

i think they call it black friday because a lot of people get black eyes trying to get the item they want
Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 AM

LOL; I try to stay away but this year I was close enough to a large Joanne's (and had some extra funds) I just had to go. I can remember stories my father used to tell me about all the "old ladies" who would fight over that last sweater on the table. My oh my.