Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is everyone working on?

Moonpi,
    The kitties are a panel I found on virginiaquilter.com.
    I've forgotten the designer's name I bought them so long ago. Obviously, the fabric designer is a cat lover!

Lin, what is "Mctavishing." Sounds Scottish but that's as far as I get. Virginia

Hmmm....lets see....

*Experimenting/practicing with the blocks for my black and purple "diamond lattice quilt"

*Looking for roses/skulls tattoo designs to machine quilt into a patchwork quilt I want to make (not having any luck finding any I like).

*Thinking about starting up another denim quilt (there's a pattern in Quilter Magazine that I really like).

*(non-quilting related) A series of cross stitch embroidered wallhangings depicting common power up items found in the Super Mario games (have the red mushroom done and started the green mushroom)

Sandra - that is an interesting block. It doesn't look appliqued but it must be?????? 30 blocks- My goodness. Can't wait to see some of the finished quilts.

I am hand sewing the border on the small wall hanging I made of Tim's star (my avitar at present). And today I chose the fabrics for the Aug. 15 block. I'm also machine quilting a 9 block wall hanging of stars I made in batiks. I'm stitching in the ditch around the stars then just need to get the binding on before I post a pic. I have about 10 other PIGs but refuse to look in the bag until I finish what I have started!! :roll:

AnnMarie...they are appliqued...machine appliqued...that is why I couldnt just let them sit. Will post them when I have them together. :D

lin
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginia H. Cunningham
    Lin, what is "Mctavishing." Sounds Scottish but that's as far as I get. Virginia
    It's a machine quilting method developed by Karen McTavish. Much like stippling/meandering in that it covers in an all-over pattern, but it's a completely differnt design. It's very pretty, but time consuming and I'm finding it a bit difficult to do well. But I'm hoping with practice I'll get much better at it. I first saw Karen on Simply Quilts, but thankfully she now has a book and dvd out which makes it a lot easier to understand.

I'm trying to get some pics of samples I've done and get them downloaded on my computer. As soon as I've done that, I'll post them in the Picture forum. Hopefully that will be soon. Keep checking that forum and you'll be able to see what it looks like. (well, a close facsimile anyway, LOL)

lin
    Actually Virginia, I'm having trouble getting my pics the right size to post here and will have to work on them more tomorrow. But here's a great site to show you the REAL McTavishing. Mine was just a poor facsimile anyway! :oops: :lol:

http://www.designerquilts.com/mctavish.html

Well, it's not exactly sewing per se, but after I get some house and paperwork done, off to my quilt room I go to organize all my fabric, books, magazines and all. Hopefully I'll have enough time and energy to put up the cutest yo-yo cafe curtains and valance too to top it all off.

Such pretty wip going on with each of you. I confess to having to much going on, too, catching up on BOMs, hand quilting my niece' quilt, trying to get all the neck coolers finished, trying to choose the right colors to a new kitty quilt for my granddaughter (all four want their own, all queen size, of course) and I want to get into my Christmas stuff soon or it won't be ready in time. Keep telling dh and ds they HAVE to take care of hourse, yard, meals, and laundry as I have to much to do. :wink: They haven't jumped in yet, though, maybe a fit pitching is due them????

Sharon

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast