Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, who watched the Brother V-Series unveiling today?

So, who watched the Brother V-Series unveiling today?

Just as I suspected, it appears these Brother machines will be competing directly with the Janome 11000 and 12000. There's one quilting machine, one with just embroidery, and a third with the whole kit and caboodle.

Here's the website for those who want a "sneak peak". Unfortunately, that's pretty much all they are giving us right now. Apparently August 20th there will be more information available and the machines start selling in September.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...-Machines.aspx

Instead of playing a song with a lovely model pointing at flowers, I would have liked something with a little more substance about the machines (LOL). I expected a bit more out of this big "launch". But that's just me, I suppose.... I'm not even in the market for a machine, just curious!

Blog Entries
    My husband is in Nashville this week for business, he texted me that there is a Brother convention going on in his hotel. Boy, do I wish I had gone with him!

The sneak peek was probably enough to get some people into their dealers to ask about the machines....

Blog Entries
    I started "thinking" this weekend (which is dangerous to say the least) that I might sell my lower end Brother combo sewing/embroidery machine and get an upgrade. I did a search and found that in the combo machines, there is a lower end and a higher end...not much in the middle!! I also have a Brother embroidery only machine which I love but would probably need to sell both to even have a down payment on something in the new V series (or take out a 2nd mortgage on my house...LOL) I sure would like to go to the Brother dealer and do some "testing" though!!

Of course; the video is just a tease; they want to keep us going back to see if there's more information; keeping the interest high. I'll bet those babies are gonna cost a very pretty penny! But the 11.5 work space would be a dream.
    ​Krysti

I agree, I was like are they selling sex or sewing machines. The model really made me lose interest if that is how they are going to market their product, that is a poor choice. If i didn't know they were selling sewing machines I really would not have guessed by the model.

I don't get the video at all. Was it even about sewing?

Blog Entries
    Okay, the first video when you go to that link was really, really lame. What the heck was the marketing department thinking, seriously. However, there's another video that shows a bit more about the machines. Click the red button on the right side of that page, fast-forward to about 5:25 in the video. As Donna said, they're launching 3 machines: a quilting machine, an embroidery machine, and a combo quilting/embroidery machine. All 3 machines have an 11.25" harp, but I was surprised to see they only stitch about 1000 stitches per minute. And of course, no price range is given.
    Last edited by Peckish; 07-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone remember Star Search, and the "model" category?? That's so much what that video reminded me of!!
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

I didn't like their video either. It was short on information and boring. Their marketing department is unaware of how to interest quilters and sewers.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that whole dream-sequence-with-model thing was LAME!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast