Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soil protector cloth >

Soil protector cloth

Soil protector cloth

Old 03-08-2015, 02:04 PM

Great DH Onebyone. Got to love him! lol
Old 03-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

I've used soil separator from Lowes' for at least 10 years. I use it as embroidery stabilizer (using as many layers as I need) I have also used it to make patterns for purses & totes.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:54 PM

A few years ago I read the tip about using this fiber from the plumbing department. I thought "WOW that sounds great and cheap!". I didn't rest until I had found some in Lowe's after looking in different places. I was so excited to have found something so cheap. I have a Husqvarna Diamond embroidery machine. I used the product once and that was enough for me. It did not work well for me as a stabilizer, melted with very little heat, and was generally yucky. I thought " I spend a fortune on a machine, thread, designs, and all of the gadgets associated with my hobby, why not used nice stabilizer?". Plus, my thought was that I did not want any of this product left in a project that I was making. This big roll was immediately put out in the garage with my gardening tools. I do like the idea of using it in the bottom of my pots. I had not thought of that. Thanks! This is only my experience and it is great if it works for some of you. I do love most of the great tips that I get from this group, my go to group every day