Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: some great books!

Hi Everyone,

I just finished two great books! "The Lover's Knot" and "A Drunkard's Path" by Clare O'Donohue. I spotted them in the latest Connecting Threads catalog, but checked them out from my public library. What great books! I finished each in about 24 hours. I'm not a fast reader, but these books just had me hooked!
    On the same page in the catalog are two others--"Quilt as Desired" and "Quilter's Knot" by Arlene Sachitano. Just picked them up Tuesday from the library--haven't had a chance to start them yet--but they sound really good as well.

I recommend them for the beach!

Rose Hall

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I love quilting books to read. I iwll have to look into this author too. Thank you. Have you read Jennifer Chiacerini (sp) She has lots. Thanks for the post. I am going to read them. I want to get the Elm Creek series and sew the quilts to go with each book. One of my "bucket list" things to do lol. Happy quilting

Thanks for the info, I have several books ahead of me right now, but I am filing this info. into the memory bank for future reference.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out too!

thanks for the info

Wouldn't it be cool to have a quilt book swap!! One person buys a book reads it, signs & dates it and then passes it on to someone else to do the same with.

I know, get back to sewing!!!

That's a GREAT idea. we might need to start a book club!
    Rose

Great idea.

I have a few books to work through first. After that it's on to your recommendations.

Have any of you heard of paperbackswap.com?

It is a national book swap club. You sign up and join then when you post 10 books you get the first 2 credits free. After that you get a credit for every book you send or you can buy credits. Audio books are worth 2 credits.

There are almost 4 1/2 million books available right now! There are thousands of maembers. I heard about this on one of the morning shows and love it!

The sender pays the postage which is usually around $2.50.
    http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php

I have used this swap for quite a while and have never had a problem. There are certain rules you have to follow, like no water damage, etc. but I have gotten some great books from this club including quilt books. If the book is unavailable you can put it on a wish list and when it becomes available depending on your position in line, you will be notified if you still want the book.

They also have a Swapadvd and SwapaCD club you can also join.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast