Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Something I just learned >

Something I just learned

Something I just learned

Old 12-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Speaking of irons. I had a Rowenta too! And lilke you...it was almost worthless. I thought for the money I was getting top of the line. :roll: HA! When that one crapped out, I got a Black and Decker. I absolutely love it. Talk about steam....almost a safety hazard! Very hot and it even has a few bells and whistles. Got it off of Amazon.com for about $45 and free shipping! The one I got is called the Digital Advantage and it is the D2030 type. It even fell it off the ironing board...I picked it up and started ironing again. Never bothered it a bit! So that is my review today!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:48 PM

:cry: Wyyyyy wish I'd known this before quilting my RedHat Lap maybe it wouldn't be such mess now. I'll have to keep this IN mind from now on, now that will be a real trick. :shock:
Old 12-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Suz

I, too, fell for the Rowenta hipe. QVC was really pushing this brand. I've had two of those costing over $100 thinking they would be superior. NOT !!! They are a hunk of junk. I also had one costing about $35 which was much better than the other two.

I now have two Black & Deckers that turn off when I forget to unplug it and they steam very well. Cost was about $20 and when one blows, I'll buy another B&D. I have one in the sewing room (actually my playroom in the basement) and the other is in the bedroom (second story) where we keep the ironing board.

Suzanne
Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 AM

I can't wait to try compressing the batting. That makes so much sense.

Tips! Please, please, please!!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:50 AM

Wonderful news, Suz! Thanks for tracking down this posting to update us.

Doncha think the new moderator might help with getting a Tips Forum?????
:evil:

Old 12-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Suz

Can I tell you about my best quilting buddie's granddaughter? She is truly a sweetheart, a good girl, good student, good daughter/ granddaughter and my friend.

Carly graduated from high school, spent two years at a community college, and one day came home and announced she had joined the U.S. Marine Corps. She had attended the graduation of her stepbrother earlier which really impressed her. She did her basic training and came home buff and strong although there was no sign of fat on this young lady when she entered the Corps. Then off to specialized training in security. Graduated and applied for three duty stations.

Then another duty stationed was announced. Carly applied, tested, interviewed and was chosen. Carly flies with Air Force One.

I have little respect for this president as a man, although I respect the office/position. And I know Carly will do her job to protect him when they travel within the US and afar. We are all so proud of her.

Suzanne
Old 12-16-2007, 03:02 PM

Go Carly........
Old 12-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Wonderful news, Suz! Thanks for tracking down this posting to update us.

Doncha think the new moderator might help with getting a Tips Forum?????
:evil:
I'm thinkin' ... I'm thinkin' :roll:

Trying to figure out a way to have a place for tips that won't end up like all the other sections. Things have a way of getting buried on back pages. Once somethng slops to Page 2, it might as well not be there because so few people search before asking, we end up sharing the same tips over and over.

You bad girl for trying to make me feel guilty. :wink: