Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soooooo, How did they like their quilt??? >

Soooooo, How did they like their quilt???

Soooooo, How did they like their quilt???

Old 12-25-2010, 08:09 PM

I made smaller quilts for two grandies, and a jewelry bag for each of them. I have to give credit to CarrieAnne, my order for butterflies arrived at the perfect time. Took the butterflies to town with us and the girls picked out the one they wanted on their bag! The 7YO sat beside me as I stitched her choice on her bag. She thoughtfully asked, "Grandma, would you please teach me how to sew those?" The next hour was a time I'll never forget. She caught on very fast, and sat next to me sewing and asking questions. The three of us were excited that the butterflies were so beautiful, as the girls shared the pack picking which ones they wanted me to use for them. Now I have two packs with a name on them! Thank you CarrieAnne, you're a jewel!
Old 12-25-2010, 08:26 PM

My son loved his blue jean rag quilt I made him and my daughter loved her throw I made her (she had a toothache and felt terrible all day). My GD loved her cat pillowcase and small swing bag I made her. Great day all around.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:26 PM

Made quilts for 2 GS which were very well received so I'm told. Unfortunately they live on the other side of the country so we don't get to see them very often. At least with quilts I can wrap them in love and warmth. Asked other 2 GS if they would like quilts for next Christmas and was given most enthusiastic "Yes please,Nanna"
Have already decided what other goodies I'm going to make for all women in the family. These as well as a couple of quilts I've had on the back burner should keep my machines sewing this year. Can't wait. (Quilts will be posted in pictures)