Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sorority quilt ideas?

My daughter has asked me to make a quilt for her sorority's annual Red Dress auction in Dec. I'm looking for patterns or ideas. Have any of you made or seen a quilt that uses Greek letters that you especially liked? Any thoughts, pictures, or pattern sources would be greatly appreciated!
    Nancy in Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Musiclady
    My daughter has asked me to make a quilt for her sorority's annual Red Dress auction in Dec. I'm looking for patterns or ideas. Have any of you made or seen a quilt that uses Greek letters that you especially liked? Any thoughts, pictures, or pattern sources would be greatly appreciated!
    Nancy in Illinois
    I made a tshirt quilt - -maybe all the sisters have an extra shirt they could donate to the cause?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

or - a quilt with the symbols - like DZ is a turtle, a pink rose, the lamp of knowledge, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Musiclady
    Nancy in Illinois
    Hello Nancy I have not my first quilt yet, but if the auction is called Red Dress, maybe you could put some red dresses in the quilt!!? Good luck with what ever you do and please post pic's. :thumbup: :mrgreen: I am sure it will be beautiful!! Ms. Shawn

I made my daughter and 2 of her friends these quilts when the went alum, my daughter had everyone sign hers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awesome! This could be just the pattern! The Red Dress dinner/auction benefits the American Heart Association which is Alpha Phi's philanthropy. Does this pattern have a particular name?

The pattern is from the book "Growing up with Quilts" by Mimi Dietrich & Sally Schneider, the pattern is called "Hearts and Ribbons".

Thank you so much!