Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Speaking of cutting......

Great! I have a Martelli cutter and plan to try it. Besides not being able to stand for long, I broke my right shoulder last year and with rheumatoid arthritis it's giving me some pain. Do you know where I can hire a cutter? Or better yet, find a new body?
    aka Gale

Blog Entries
    Gigi if you find a new body, PUT IT IN BLACK ON THIS BOARD. People will run to the hunt.

Blog Entries
    A guild member is in a wheelchair and she cuts just fine. She has a sturdy lap table that fits across her chair (she keeps one at guild and one at home) that is low in her lap. She cuts fabric into manageable pieces using scissors and then cuts the shapes with a ruler and cutter. I would think if you could get your cutting surface low enough to be comfortable when sitting it would be easier to do.
    Got fabric?

I'll let you know, Barny.

Bella, bless her heart, where there's a will there's a way. I've decided to sweet talk hubby to lower my cutting table. I refuse to give up quilting, it's my only escape and besides, I love it too much.
    aka Gale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2