Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Special baby quilt

Junior Member Carol in Colorado's Avatar
    I just found out last week we are expecting our first grandchild!!!!! Now I'm agonizing over what kind of quilt to make. I know I want to make an I Spy quilt, but I want to make something warm and cuddly (and cute) too. What are your favorites that you've made? Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Congratulations on you becoming a brand new Grandma! Grandchildren are so precious!!

Congratulations on becoming a new Grandma. Grandchilren are so precious. I like to make the warm wishes for a baby quilt. I have also made a tumbling blocks one as well.

Someday when I have a grandchild, I'm going to make a calico cat quilt if it's a girl. I saw a pattern in a magazine years ago, bought the back issue and I've been saving it. The pattern is not really a pattern but a bunch of calico kittens cut out and appliqued onto a white background. It's just adorable. I love applique for any project.

You may need to make more than just one! Congrats!!!!

Try minkee maybe, I hear it's a little frizzy to work with but oh so soft. Or how about chenelle? Babies love bright colors too....

One word, Minky! Put the minky somewhere on the quilt, it is so soft and cuddly! :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Grama!!! What great news :D:D:D

Maybe a flannel I spy? It would be soft and snuggly...minkee on the back maybe :D:D:D

Congratulations on becoming a grandma. I love it and I am twice over at the age of 48. As for the quilt, I made a simple block quilt for each of mine out of flannel with a thin layer of batting in between. They turned out really cute. Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your wonderful news. I became a first time Grandma in May. What a joy. I made the crib set and changing table pad for the nursery. I've been collecting for an I spy I am hoping to make for Christmas. If you need squares for yours pm me and I will send some your way.

Blog Entries
    This is what I made last year for my first Grandbaby, My little Adam. He loves it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast