Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spicy Spiral Table Runner Question

Blog Entries
    I love to make these table runners. My question is: Does anyone know of a way to do binding instead of doing the inside out method. I want to quilt them and then add binding if possible. I know it would have to be bias binding, but is there a way to do the points on the ends? If so, can you explain it to me???

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Haven't seen any Spicy Salsa TR. Were you referring to the Spicy Spiral Table Runner?

Blog Entries
    I didn't even go there. I just put batting in and turned it then did a fancy stitch around the edge. I did not quilt it.

I just do a regular binding, and do the corners the same as a quilt, but angle the fabric so it lines up the same amount as the angle of the table runner. In other words, on a quilt you would make a right angle( 90 degrees ) at the corners. On the table runner it might be 45 degrees. Is that clear? Hope it helps. I always start and stop on one of the long sides too, so it's easier to finish the binding.

Blog Entries
    If you cut the ends to more of a point, would something like this help you?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-1395-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
    Haven't seen any Spicy Salsa TR. Were you referring to the Spicy Spiral Table Runner?
    I have been typing mistakes all day long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    I didn't even go there. I just put batting in and turned it then did a fancy stitch around the edge. I did not quilt it.
    Normally I would do this, but I am hoping when I give one to my sister she will have some friends who will want to buy one. I also have an outside cat who has adopted me. She has a swollen leg and I think she needs a vet. I don't have the money to pay a vet bill, but my cousin is married to a vet and I am hoping maybe I can trade a table runner for having this cat checked. I am thinking maybe if I can quilt them nicely I will have more of a chance.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the ideas. I think I will take a piece of scrap material and try these.

Good luck with the binding and the cat.

I put bias binding on mine and I mitered the corners at the ends like I would a regular quilt. Some where there is a picture of my spiral table runner. I think you posted on it and it is the one with the orange and greens and it has a yellow binding on it. It was the very first picture I posted on here when I joined up. I like it better than the inside out method. Huggies, Fay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast