Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Spicy Spiral Table Runner Ruler

Blog Entries

Spicy Spiral Table Runner Ruler

Can anyone tell me what size 9* ruler I need to make this table runner? Better yet, is there anyplace on the web where I can get directions to make my own 9* ruler? I hate spending so much on a ruler that I will only use a few times!

Blog Entries
    It needs to be really long, like 24 or 26 inches.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

It's a 9 degree ruler (as in 1/20th of a 360 degree circle). The pattern works with a 10 degree ruler, too. I've seen a template for it, but I'm not sure where. It was made in 2 pieces because of the long length.

I think this is it.
    http://hkfstores.com/content/freeprojects/Poppies.pdf
    The quilt pattern is poppies. I'm not sure if it's the 9 degree or 10 degree ruler, though.
    Last edited by charsuewilson; 04-26-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    You'll be surprised how much use you get out of the ruler - I'm at 6 runners and I'm far from done, so that prorates my $19.95 down to $3.33 a runner and I'm not done - to say nothing of the tree skirts and circular tablecloths that can be made. Every SS has 25 cuts (done double) so that's a lot to use anything except the heavy ruler plastic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post
    It's a 9 degree ruler (as in 1/20th of a 360 degree circle). The pattern works with a 10 degree ruler, too. I've seen a template for it, but I'm not sure where. It was made in 2 pieces because of the long length.

I think this is it.
    The quilt pattern is poppies. I'm not sure if it's the 9 degree or 10 degree ruler, though.
    since the quarter circle has 10 wedges, then the 360* would have 40 wedges. thus 360 divided by 40 is 9. this pattern used a 9 degree ruler
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post

I think this is it.
    I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. It is the LENGTH of the ruler that I was asking about.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    You'll be surprised how much use you get out of the ruler - I'm at 6 runners and I'm far from done, so that prorates my $19.95 down to $3.33 a runner and I'm not done - to say nothing of the tree skirts and circular tablecloths that can be made. Every SS has 25 cuts (done double) so that's a lot to use anything except the heavy ruler plastic.
    Where did you find the ruler for $19.99? The only ones I saw were $32.99.

You can get the ruler at Phillips Fiber Arts.

Blog Entries
    Right here. Plus I was offered a Christmas special of a free pattern and free shipping with the ruler.
    http://phillipsfiberart.danemcoweb.c...ee-wedge-tool/

The 10 degree ruler is 22 1/2" long.

Grammy of 6 thanks for posting this question as I wanted to know what and where to buy. Also thanks for the info everyone.
    When you feel like you are drowning in life, don't worry---
    Your Lifeguard walks on water.

Pat M.