Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Spicy Spiral Table Topper - Tutorial?

I thought I had seen a tutorial on how to make the Spicy Spiral TT. I would like to locate one. I have the pattern but could use some clarification.

Blog Entries
    I have not seen a tutorial, but if you ask your questions I am sure we can help.

Thanks. I have not gotten my strata's made yet. It looks to me like you cut two strata's at the same time. On page 4 it says to turn around for the 3rd cut. Where is the 3rd & 4th strata used.

Dorothy p

your 3rd and 4th strada is to cut the rest of your wedges.. look on pg 5, it tells you all the wedges to cut.it sounds confusing untill you do one, then its easy.. good luck, molly

Blog Entries
    If you are using fat quarters you make two each of stratas 1 and 2. That gives you 4 stratas.

Blog Entries
    I made this and I used 1/4 yds fabric, so when I got thru I had enough left to do another one.

I just got my spicy spiral pattern in the mail. I have never done any quilting and thought this might be a good project for me to start on. So the question is...I know that the strips to form the strata are different widths BUT do you think that one could use a jelly roll pack instead of fat quarters.

I just saw a demo on this at a shop hop last Friday. I believe that the gal demo-ing said that jelly rolls would NOT work. I imagine it would have something to do with the width. I bought the pattern...and the ruler....and the fat quarters and will attempt it one of these days.

Blog Entries
    I have the pattern and the strata sets sewn. The pattern instructions are crappy.
    Got fabric?