Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Spray Adhesive.. is this the right stuff?

I ran out of my spray adhesive I got at Joanne's so we stopped by Walmart to see what they had in the craft area... My hubby found an Elmers spray adhesive for fabric, paper and foam projects.. it looks like the right stuff and said it was for fabric, even though it didn't say anything about quilting or basting.. I used it and it smells like spray paint. :? . but it is working... is this the right stuff ir have i just ruined my quilt?

BTW, it left a really sticky resude on my hand that was really hard to wash off... :shock:

Blog Entries
    I tried some of that on scrap fabric and it did not take well to being ironed... I did not try washing it to see if it really would wash out.... sorry wish I could have given you a rave review....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diogirl
    BTW, it left a really sticky resude on my hand that was really hard to wash off... :shock:
    If it left residue on your hand, I'm wondering if it will gum up the needle.

Be careful with that stuff, it may ruin your machine!

If it doesn't say for quilting I wouldn't use it. (Just my opinion)

Blog Entries
    Hi i don't post often but thought i would throw my .02 cents worth in and its probably even worth that lol...but keeping in mind I tend to being very frugal w/ my craft supplies but there are just somethings i won't bargain on and my basting spray is one of them...I only use Sullivans IMHO its the best for your money.
    theres my .02 worth and i am stickin to it lol.

I have some of that stuff and I think I'd be hesitant to use it in a quilt. According to the can it's water resistant, so I wonder if it will wash out after you're done quilting. It's also very sticky and may gum up your needles.

Blog Entries
    Quilt basting spray is water soluble. I was wondering about that too. If the residue was hard to wash off the hands, I'm thinking it's not going to wash out of the quilt the way quilt basting spray does.

I'm going to do my quilting stitches tomorrow so I will be checking the needle for a resudue often. Hubby wanted to argue with me that that stuff works the same... Men don't always know!!! : :roll:

Blog Entries
    Let us know how it goes, ok?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast