Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Spray Basting and Poly Batting

Spray Basting and Poly Batting

I am using a low loft poly batting for a small quilt . I have had great success with spray basting for cotton battings. It just seems that it may not stick as well since the fibers are much further apart than a cotton batting.
    Its been a long time since I have used just a poly batting. and just can't remember if I had any issues.
    Any advise ?, does it stick as well ?

Blog Entries
    From what I have gathered from reading posts, with poly batting it depends on the brand of spray baste. Most report no problems with 505 and poly batting. With other brands there always seem to be some who have problems and some who have no problems.

Blog Entries
    I use poly batting and 505 or other sprays work just fine. I've had no problems with them.
    Dreams Do Come True

Just be a bit on the careful side as the poly batting can melt with some sprays. It is safer to spray the material and apply the poly to it, rather than to spray the poly directly. Hope it's successful for you.

Blog Entries
    I use Sullivan' Quilt Basting Spray from Hancock's. Buy several cans when it goes on sale. I always spray the fabric not the batting. I have never had a problem with any type of fabric or batting. Good luck.