Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Spray basting

I believe I over-basted a section of a flannel quilt I was working on yesterday. When I sewed the edges and flipped it (envelope style) there was one section in a corner which pulled some of the orange fuzzy from the front to the green fuzzy back. Basically some of the front is on the back and the back is on the front. I have washed & dried it then applied some stain remover (all I could think of), washed/dried it again. It is a little better but not much. Any suggestions on how to get this off? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Blog Entries
    What did you use for spray baste? I usually use June Tailor and it washes out fine. Could you have used spray glue instead?

Blog Entries
    sorry, no suggestions, but i hope your quilt comes out well

I used June Taylor.

I don't have an answer but will be watching this :cry:

I put spray basted my backing on. When I went to square up my wall hanging, I realized what I did. I removed the backing and part of my batting came off eith it. I laundered my backing and dried it in the dryer, no help, remained on there. I tried picking and brushing. It still remains. I am going to try nail polish remover. It is just backing, I don't have all that much to loose.

I've used June Tailor basting spray. The last throw that I did, after spray basting and I turned it over, for some reason the backing was wrinkled. I pulled the backing off and resmoothed it. I had no problem pulling it off. I was using poly batting. That may make a difference. Can't imagine why it would not wash off. Perhaps you could contact the company. They may have some suggestions.

Blog Entries
    On TV today, I saw a tip to use the prickly part of velcro to remove balled sweater fuzz. Just cut about a 3"-4" loop. Keep patting the velcro on the fuzzy part you want to remove. See if that will work for you. It sure worked on the sweater.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb44
    I've used June Tailor basting spray. The last throw that I did, after spray basting and I turned it over, for some reason the backing was wrinkled. I pulled the backing off and resmoothed it. I had no problem pulling it off. I was using poly batting. That may make a difference. Can't imagine why it would not wash off. Perhaps you could contact the company. They may have some suggestions.
    Thank you, Barb - one quilter friend/instructor also suggested contacting the company and I will do so tomorrow.