Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Spray to prevent sun damage and fading on wall quilts

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    782
    Blog Entries
    2
    I thought I had read somewhere that there was a spray you could use for wall hangings/quilts to prevent fading and damage from the sun. Is there such a thing?

  2. #2
    Super Member Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,659
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yes, but I don't remember the name of it. Maybe a Scotchgard UV product?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Quilted Dogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by raksmum
    I thought I had read somewhere that there was a spray you could use for wall hangings/quilts to prevent fading and damage from the sun. Is there such a thing?
    search Fons & Porters site, ask them or search here

  4. #4
    Super Member quilterella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Small town south of Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    1,702
    Blog Entries
    1
    Therre is a product called FarbricGuard and can be purchased at most LQS. Although, I have never tried it, and it is fairly expensive, but, it is made by Johnson&Johnson.

  5. #5
    Super Member wuv2quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Morganton, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,930
    The things you learn....who knew? :)

  6. #6
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    32,767
    Blog Entries
    15
    hmmmm, never thought about doing that. thanks for bringing it up

  7. #7
    Junior Member Flour Sack Mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    101
    I know I'm a bit conservative on this subject, but I'm more cautious than I used to be about spraying anything like that unless it's absolutely necessary. Science is showing so much more these days about what those ingredients do to us.

  8. #8
    Super Member sewmuchmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flour Sack Mama
    I know I'm a bit conservative on this subject, but I'm more cautious than I used to be about spraying anything like that unless it's absolutely necessary. Science is showing so much more these days about what those ingredients do to us.
    I agree, I eat ride, I am not over weight, exercise did everything you should do. I was told my cancer was from environmental and no cure. But I am cancer free going on 4 yrs. Praise the Lord :P

  9. #9
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,478
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Flour Sack Mama
    I know I'm a bit conservative on this subject, but I'm more cautious than I used to be about spraying anything like that unless it's absolutely necessary. Science is showing so much more these days about what those ingredients do to us.
    I agree, I eat ride, I am not over weight, exercise did everything you should do. I was told my cancer was from environmental and no cure. But I am cancer free going on 4 yrs. Praise the Lord :P
    What wonderful news!!!
    I agree though- if you think of the cumulative affect all these things have on us, it's probably not good
    But having said this- I jumped on the fact that you could use a product to prevent fading........ hmmmm......

  10. #10
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,254
    Be aware that all these products are made for things like tents, awnings, boat covers, deck furniture, convertible tops, and the like. The best rated is SunArmor UV Protection, a British product. http://sunarmor.co.uk/ Personally, I wouldn't ever spray it on my wall quilts, but I don't hang them in the sun either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.