Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Square block pattern

I love the square in a square pattern

www.epatternscentral.com has cheap and easy patterns too. Quilterscache.com has free blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    Is it either one of these or similar?
    Yes!!!
    Beverly, thats the one, its the square in a square that you posted, funny when I look online its more of a diamond in the centre. Any idea where I can find a pattern for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ukmuminusa
    Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    Is it either one of these or similar?
    Yes!!!
    Beverly, thats the one, its the square in a square that you posted, funny when I look online its more of a diamond in the centre. Any idea where I can find a pattern for this?
    Try looking at the ten minute block, I think it may be what you are looking for. Good luck :-D

QM
    It is a simple 9 patch, made from 9 squares of the same size. Many times, but certainly not always, the corners and center are one color and the others another. This is the first block I did and presents few hazards for a newby.

Make 3 rows and press them. When you sew them together, be sure to pin and sew so that the seam allowance on top reaches the needle before the previous seam does. This way, the patches will be locked into the right position. If you do it the other way, they will tend to be pushed apart, so that your seams won't line up. If that is not clear, I can make photos for you.

Quote Originally Posted by QM
    It is a simple 9 patch, made from 9 squares of the same size. Many times, but certainly not always, the corners and center are one color and the others another. This is the first block I did and presents few hazards for a newby.

Make 3 rows and press them. When you sew them together, be sure to pin and sew so that the seam allowance on top reaches the needle before the previous seam does. This way, the patches will be locked into the right position. If you do it the other way, they will tend to be pushed apart, so that your seams won't line up. If that is not clear, I can make photos for you.
    QM, the block I am thinking about is the exactly like the one that Beverly posted.
    The one your describe above sounds interesting and would be great for another day, there is just too many blocks to sew in a lifetime, no wonder this hobby is adicting LOL

Thanks for your help though

I think I found a quilt with a similar block to what I was thinking of on Elizabeth Hartmans blog

http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransso...ilt-along.html

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by sewwhat85
    have fun
    Thanks Nancy, I will, I just started my 1st quilt, its not finished yet and here I am already designing the next.

QM
    ukmuminusa, I am glad that you found what you wanted.

Try looking at www.maryquilts.com she has a block called 'Boxed squares' using a jelly roll. I'm just doing it! Goes together really quickly! Have fun!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast