Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stack the Deck Quilt

Yes, the pattern is called Crazy 9 Patch. Several of the quilters in my group have made one and they really work up beautifully. All Thumbs, you described the way to do it very well.

Yes honchey your quilt is exactly the photo I have seen. Thank you everyone for helping me get my cuts and fabric movements going correctly. That black and orange really made the scraps pop so I am off to local quilt shop plus Hancocks today to get me some black to help my stash of nothings along. LOL Thanks again and happy stitching everyone.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the links

Quote Originally Posted by drivingsusan
    Try this link, it will at least give you a visual idea!!
    http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/20...ninepatch.html
    or this one---
    http://www.moonlightquilters.org/crazy9patch.htm

Hey everyone out there, remember yesterday when I said I was heading to the local quilt shop to get some black to mix in with my scraps to make everything pop like Honchey's photo example? Well...... you guessed it; I bought enough black to take care of me for 2 or 3 years! I had a coupon for 30% off any one regular priced item and then she gave me a 10% off because I took the remaining whole bolt. What was left on the bolt was 10.125 yards and I am really happy. Never a reason not to buy on sale for one's stash. LOL The fabric was RobertKaufman and I am hoping it will prove to be a good one. Figured if it were sold in a fine fabric quilting shop, it should be pretty good. Heading to the basement and my sewing room this afternoon while DH reads his papers and periodicals. Smiling.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Hello fellow Missourian!

They had this very quilt block on Sewing With Nancy on TV - PBS this past weekend. The lady guest had used 9 different solid colors (I think) and did stack them up, and shuffle them, etc.

HTH

How is this different than a crazy quilt block?

wow, there some really neat quilts that were finished up. That is a great way to get from boring to "wow, let's another one".... need to go back in an research..

blue

Blog Entries
    This is from "Stack The Deck! Crazy Quilts in 4 Easy Steps" by Karla Alexander. I make it using nine fat quarters and cut the "stack" into nine pieces. The stacking as described by ktbb above is how I do it. I love the pattern. It's relatively easy and the quilts always come out looking great.

Blog Entries
    Made several quilts like this.Really easy, go together really fast. Great variation is to use curved cuts and curved piecing.

think this also might be called magic tiles as I made one and put tiny sashing strips between the blocks.
    Gale

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast