Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stadium lap quilts

Hi, Need some idea for stadium lap quilts with college team logo. Any suggestions will be great.

I just cut a piece of team logo fleece and use it....no backing, no edge binding...just ''naked''!! I have found the seats very narrow, the floor ususally dirty and I don't want a ''nice'' lap quilt to be ruined if the guy next to me spills his chillie dog and coke on it. Make a good lap quilt and use it in the car or at home but for the actual game...just use a big piece of team logo fleece. That stuff will keep you pretty warm even tho it is only one layer......

Oh yea, my team....KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jodimarie
    I just cut a piece of team logo fleece and use it....no backing, no edge binding...just ''naked''!! I have found the seats very narrow, the floor ususally dirty and I don't want a ''nice'' lap quilt to be ruined if the guy next to me spills his chillie dog and coke on it. Make a good lap quilt and use it in the car or at home but for the actual game...just use a big piece of team logo fleece. That stuff will keep you pretty warm even tho it is only one layer......

That's how I would go, too. Skip the fringing, too.

I agree....NO FRINGE!! Those things just catch and stretch. JoAnns usually has a nice selection of team logo fleece fabrics....Hancocks too. Check out their websites for coupons to save. That logo fleece is usually 12-15.00 a yard ( 55-60 inches wide ) and it washes and drys very well. If you really think you need more warmth, layer the logo fleece with a nice solid fleece RST, sew up the edges about an inch away, turn inside out, then top stitch all the way around again. You can do this in an afternoon....enjoy!!

Power Poster
    I agree....NO FRINGE!! Those things just catch and stretch. JoAnns usually has a nice selection of team logo fleece fabrics....Hancocks too. Check out their websites for coupons to save. That logo fleece is usually 12-15.00 a yard ( 55-60 inches wide ) and it washes and drys very well. If you really think you need more warmth, layer the logo fleece with a nice solid fleece RST, sew up the edges about an inch away, turn inside out, then top stitch all the way around again. You can do this in an afternoon....enjoy!!
    I would suggest to wash the fabrics first - I've had different fleeces shrink at different rates - makes for a wrinkly throw then that doesn't fold up very nicely.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a double layer of fleece. Just sew around edges. Done. No fringe or fancy stuff, as they will get very dirty. Need just wash and go!

For the layered version do you need to tie or secure the two layers together?

If you do want to tie, you could use knitting yarn with a big eyed needle...maybe every 8-10 inches apart.

Thanks for your ideas. A friend of my son, in the service, wants 4 for his children who will be attending college. Quick and simple!!! Blessings to all!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast