Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Starch ??

I just made my own. 1 pt cold water 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch. works great just keep shaking sprayer, and good for 2 weeks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
    How does all the starch effect your machine? I would think it would cause alot of build up in the bobbin case.
    flippy-floppy fabric drives me crazy(er). :lol:

canned spray starch is much nicer and smells better. however, because i use so much, i switched to the "mix-yer-own" to save tons of money. i use half liquid starch, half water. no buildup in the bobbin case or on the needle.

it's true that it will get flakey if i spray on too much at one time, but that doesn't bother me. the flakes come off on their own as i work with the fabric. even if they didn't it wouldn't matter because everything i make goes into the wash as soon as it's done.

starched fabric is easier to cut. i had all but given up on strip piecing until i started starching my fabrics. i also find that my triangles - any kind - go together much more accurately when i use heavily starched fabrics.

niagara spray starch is the best for me and it smells soooo good also , have never had a problem with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3