I finally decided what I wanted for background fabric for the carpenters square quilt I have wanted to do for years. It is dark green and rust batiks with a creamy/gray mottled background. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pix before I packed everything up for shipping. But as soon as I get settled in Cushing, I will do that. I decided on 3 inch square, but I am doing it with Y seams -- which I like doing and like the smooth square look. I am making it in 4 sections so the only half square seams will be joining the sections. I think it will be nice -- and I am thinking of doing 12 inch blocks of traditional sampler designs around the borders.