Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Stashbuster Yahoo group

A friend at my quilt guild Monday night told me about this Yahoo group and I joined yesterday. This is a post that came up and I thought it was funny. Enjoy!!!

Can you WALK 12 steps without tripping over fabric ?
    Can you find your last half finished project WITHOUT moving twelve boxes, stacks, bags or totes ?
    Can you find twelve reasons why you NEED to start a new project ?
    Can you FIND that one special fabric you need in twelve minutes ?
    Do you have more than twelve places for STORING fabric ?
    Out of the twelve or more rulers you have, how many have you USED ?
    Do you have more than twelve quilting books that you havn't MADE anything from ?
    How many new patterns have you bought in the last twelve months, that you havn't OPENED ?
    Do you spend more than twelve minutes a day LOOKING at new patterns ?
    Do you have more than twelve quilt patterns SAVED on you computer for someday ?
    Can you think of twelve reasons to go to the LQS, instead of the Dentist ?
    How many project will you FINISH in the next twelve months ?

Rose Hall

So true I found myself saying yes to almost all of them. I confess I am a junkie who lives fabric. Any therapist around that would understand?????
    hehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!

I'm trying to get my stash under control but it keeps growing in my sleep. The tools I have most go on used. The patterns I have and save is more then I'm ever going to use. I found a ruler the other day wihile cleaning my sewing room. I forgot I had. I was going to buy one for a project. After I used different fabric I found the fabric I was going to use. I have bought fabric for one project and used it for a different project. Does it ever end

Banned
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure "it never ends!" I started quilting many years ago to USE UP MY STASH FABRIC.... my husband told me recently when I said I was stopping at Joann's that I could "shop" in any one of the 16 places (yes, I said 16 places) I have fabric stashed." that 12 places person is a piker compared to what is happening in my house with stash storage)! It makes me feel GOOD to know I'm not the only one who has piles of wonderful future projects in the raw. Also, my stash places speaks volumes of my creativity in finding spots for things. :roll:

My husband says this fits me just fine. How did they ever know?

Blog Entries
    LMBO someone has been spying on me :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

you know, stash does multiply...you purchase 1 piece of fabric, take it home, cut it and use what you need for your project...turn around and although you have used what you need of it now you have 5 pieces of it left over...so your one piece has now become 5 pieces...the next fq turns into 3 more 'left-overs' ect, before you know it and innocently enough your shelves are over-flowing and you just never saw it coming

yes to all LOL