Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A step towards keeping my stash tamed >

A step towards keeping my stash tamed

A step towards keeping my stash tamed

Old 05-02-2014, 04:14 AM

I LOVE toys of all sort.....electronic or sewing machines! Will be looking this up....great idea. I might buy it!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:35 AM

I like that someone on board said " pointless" .....my thought/word exactly......I got tired just reading what one had to do.....but for those who it works for-------I am happy for you!.....but it's not for me
Old 05-02-2014, 09:07 AM

Me neither, Geri B. Mine is still the flip-open phone from about 2008, if I remember correctly--and I still don't know how to use it. I'd rather spend my time on a road trip, or thinking about how to finish up my current quilt in progress. Like you said, to each his own......
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM

I put my stash in evernote pretty quickly. BUT I was moving into a new house and rewrapping all of my fabrics anyway so I did it as I went. If I had to undo everything in order to record it, I might not have. Plus my stash is pretty compact since I gave away a few boxes of older fabric that I didn't think I needed anymore.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 AM

Oh also, my stash database has helped me already. It took literally a minute or two to find the right size and color piece for binding my current WIP where in the past, it would have taken me an hour or more. So it's definitely paying off!! A few hours spent getting it organized will save me countless hours later.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
Oh also, my stash database has helped me already. It took literally a minute or two to find the right size and color piece for binding my current WIP where in the past, it would have taken me an hour or more. So it's definitely paying off!! A few hours spent getting it organized will save me countless hours later.
Please explain how your database found your fab for binding? I have my fab on shelves in "color families"... All those under a yd are on another set of shelves and f/q are color coordinated in yet another section,so all I do is know what I need it for, how much, and color and there it is.......
I guess my database is me scanning the shelves......actually just had to that the other day and there was what I needed right there in the " 1yd or less section.....in the Brn/tan stack" and I was good to border a tablerunner......
Old 05-02-2014, 12:05 PM

My fabric is sorted by manufacturer since I tend to buy that way. The fabric I chose is part of a different line. Another thing I've been able to do is find a pattern online and quickly check Evernote to see which line of fabric I have in the right quantities to make it without having to go back and forth to my sewing room.