Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stick on LED Machine Lights >

Stick on LED Machine Lights

Stick on LED Machine Lights

Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I got this one from MSQC when they had it as their daily deal. It comes off and on fairly easily. I think its very bright

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...e-bright-light
I also bought this as a daily deal. It still is not installed. Too busy sewing and gardening to monkey with it.

I have an LED light strip on my vintage Singer 128. I know, it's a shame. It has it's own power source, which means I have to plug in that light separately. I got that set of lights from a vender at the Energy Fair. Each strip was a different color of light, but I could never figure out which color light was best for what. LOL
Old 05-24-2016, 09:15 PM

Wow! So many great tips! You guys are the best!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you all!

So many possibilities to check out & they all sound amazing. My only concern is that some reviewers have commented that the friction of FMQ in a smaller harp (5.5" Bernina) can cause the lights to break. Does anyone have experience with FMQ and these lights? After reading all these comments, I am more determined than ever to get one!
Old 05-25-2016, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
My only concern is that some reviewers have commented that the friction of FMQ in a smaller harp (5.5" Bernina) can cause the lights to break.
I didn't think they said they would break. I thought they said they would fall off the machine because of the friction of the quilt in the harp.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:06 AM

I've been wanting to get the LED lights, and finally did, I ABSOLUTELY love them. I got mine from: http://www.inspiredled.com/products/...ng-machine-kit. I wish I had gotten it sooner.

I've had no problems with FMQ with them, just finished FMQ 3 quilts with the lights attached/on.

Last edited by pocoellie; 05-25-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:29 AM

I have an LED light on my Bailey. It's one of those clip on ones so I can point it directly at the needle to see where I am quilting. At my main sewing machine I have a regular clip on desk lamp hooked on a shelf directly behind my machine. It shines down onto the sewing area.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
I didn't think they said they would break. I thought they said they would fall off the machine because of the friction of the quilt in the harp.
Not comments here on QB -- reviews on Amazon & such.