Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Stitch Length

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexene
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    The Viking has a walking foot you can buy to attach for quilting. In case you have puckers it may be worth the investment. A nice taut sandwich and a walking foot can make a big difference.
    I know the Viking walking foot is about $100. I just went on eBay to see if I could find one less expensive and I found several for under $50 and they were the Viking brand.
    Yikees! That alot of fabric!

:shock:

Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexene
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    The Viking has a walking foot you can buy to attach for quilting. In case you have puckers it may be worth the investment. A nice taut sandwich and a walking foot can make a big difference.
    I know the Viking walking foot is about $100. I just went on eBay to see if I could find one less expensive and I found several for under $50 and they were the Viking brand.
    Yikees! That alot of fabric!

:shock:
    Yes it is!

Blog Entries
    When machine quilting, I set mine about 3.5. That includes Q4K.

Blog Entries
    If you are doing SID, why would you want the feed dogs down, unless you are using your fm attachment. My Viking came with a walking foot, but it was a used one so that is probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by Marge L.
    If you are doing SID, why would you want the feed dogs down, unless you are using your fm attachment. My Viking came with a walking foot, but it was a used one so that is probably why.
    I wasn't doing SID. I just wanted to make sure the feed dogs weren't suppose to be down; I didn't think they were except for free motion. My machine was used also. I have the guide bar, but not the walking foot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3