Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: stitching samples

Blog Entries
    I have a new machine and I am trying all of the new stitches. Do you ladies have any ideas as to what I can do with my stitching samples? I read somewhere a lady made a sampler out of them.

I used some rather plain fabric and did rows and rows of fancy stitches for mats for my table. I wrote our names too!

I made a rag quilt & used all of thr decorative stiches to make the "X"s in the squares. I really like how it came out.

I did every stitch when I first got my Pfaff 2144. I stitched them onto a piece of heavy canvas like fabric and numbered all of them. I then put them into a notebook and I could find the pattern easily when I couldn't decide what design to use. Had fun doing them all too.

You can also make your samples in different widths and with different threads, keep notes on where you used the stitches etc, and put it all in a binder for future reference.

It would be a perfect reference tool for you.

I would tend to forget which stitches I used where and how without my guide. Love those notes I made.

ali

I also did this...so I would remember what each stitch looked like...easy reference sheet

Blog Entries
    thanks gals, good advice as usual, now with the way my sewing room looks right not all i have to do is find my journal. LOL

Blog Entries
    I have a large piece of fabric with them all on it. I write down next to them the stitch number, the width and length I used too. It is a very handy reference tool :D:D:D