Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen quilts and items in Kentucky

Stolen quilts and items in Kentucky

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet? On Feb 29th Patsy Thompson's car was broken into and quilts, quilt tops, machines and many other quilting items were stolen. You can check http://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/.../archives/3505 for information and pictures. Maybe if everyone has their eyes open wide we can help find them and return them to her??
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-04-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: PM to member

Quote Originally Posted by breezyquilts View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet? On Feb 29th Patsy Thompson's car was broken into and quilts, quilt tops, machines and many other quilting items were stolen. You can check http://www.patsythompsondesigns.com/.../archives/3505 for information and pictures. Maybe if everyone has their eyes open wide we can help find them and return them to her??
    I just posted over there that it might come in handy to know WHERE the quilts were stolen. Kentucky is miles and miles from one end to the other. And the quilts might have been taken to a town across state lines-----IF WE KNEW WHERE TO LOOK.

Wouldn't it be karma if the thief's house or car was scattered around in the recent storms and someone finds the quilts in a field?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I just posted over there that it might come in handy to know WHERE the quilts were stolen. Kentucky is miles and miles from one end to the other. And the quilts might have been taken to a town across state lines-----IF WE KNEW WHERE TO LOOK.

Wouldn't it be karma if the thief's house or car was scattered around in the recent storms and someone finds the quilts in a field?
    U N T I E

Corbin Kentucky

Corbin Kentucky
    Thanks, I'll look it up!
    U N T I E

Power Poster
    I am not a violent person but that makes me want to smack them! Only other quilter's fully understand the pain of losing quilts that you've poured your time and effort into. I won't mention the financial aspect because although that hurts too, it's not as devastating as the work lost.

That is a terrible shame. I hope if not her machine at least the quilt tops will be found and returned to her. That stuff makes me so angry. One reason I leave nothing of value in my truck, physical or emotional.
    Tammy

Life Is A Banquet and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving!

Blog Entries
    OMG! How tragic...all of that beautiful work...my heart goes out. I made copies and will keep an eye on e-bay.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    Thanks, I'll look it up!
    Corbin is only about 15-20 miles from where 5 people were killed in KY when the storms passed through.

So sorry to hear about this awful theft. I hope they are recovered soon. And God bless the people in the area who are going through recovery from these awful storms.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast