Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Store Fabric

Several months ago I was on a quilt run and overextened myself. Don't we all. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the fabric I bought. There is enough for at least a couple of queen size quilts. Just in case it takes me several more months (years) to do something with it, how do I store. Right now I have it in the same store bags that I bought it from, but thinking this must not be good for the fabric. Any suggestions?

Depends on your set up. If you have a closet or book shelf that is always good. Folded or placed on fabric boards depending on size is good. I keep mine in photo storage boxes based on size and type. And store the boxes in a China Hutch in my dining room where I sew. Just remember out of site out of mind.

I store fabric in rubbermaid containers. If you store in cardboard, I highly recommend lining it with an old sheet. Sometimes the coloring from the cardboard will leach onto fabric and it does not come out.

Blog Entries
    Here at Ami Simms site she shares how others have stored their stash. WARNING ~ some are overwhelming!
    http://www.amisimms.com/stash.html

Quote Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
    I store fabric in rubbermaid containers. If you store in cardboard, I highly recommend lining it with an old sheet. Sometimes the coloring from the cardboard will leach onto fabric and it does not come out.
    yes it can..... I had soem # 10 white crochet thread that absorbed the cardboard color from the center cardboard form.... OXCYCLEAN to the rescue!!!!

I use the plastic rolling cabnets/w/drawers. they are trasparent. I put tape labels on each drawer with the 'color' in that drawer.:)

Blog Entries
    i store mine on an open shelf in a closed closet

i store my lg pieces & batting in space bags.works well & really saves space !
    dar

I use various methods, but no matter the method, I do try to keep the fabrics out of direct sunlight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
    Here at Ami Simms site she shares how others have stored their stash. WARNING ~ some are overwhelming!
    http://www.amisimms.com/stash.html
    Wow, what fun looking at all the pictures. I don't feel so guilty about my stash now, its pretty puny compared to some of these

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast