Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Storm at Sea Quilt - problem

MTS
    Banned
    This is a finished rectangle 4x8. You should be able to print it out and then add seam allowances. If you need me to email it as jpg, pm your info.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Duh, why didn't I think of that!.....lol. I am going to make a copy of this on my copy machine and paper piece a block to see if it works. I already have all the other blocks made. Sure beats trying to cut it out Rosemary's way. Thanks for your help MTS.

http://www.quilterscache.com/S/Storm...ock_Page2.html
    Here you can see how to make your own template of the diamond block.

If printing it out doesn't work well for you--some printers have a mind of their own--it is easy enough to make your own and then copy it for all your foundations. Swipe a ruler from one of the kids and draw a box 4 x 8". Mark the 2" spot on top and bottom and the 4" spot on each side. With a ruler, draw a line from center bottom to each side and again from the top to each side. Now mark 1/4" seam allowance all around the outside of your box. That's the easiest way I can think of and the most accurate as long as your ruler or graph paper is accurate anyway but normally you'd be using the same ruler &/or graph paper for the entire pattern--not just one piece of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2