Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strangest Dream - Really!

I am never lucky enough to dream about instructions. If I am thinking about a quilt I usually wake up around 2 am and then cannot get it out of mind and cannot return to sleep. This happens for a couple of nights. Very annoying and tiring.

My Mom told me that was how she taught herself how to crochet and she used to do those lacy looking pineapple ones that were under the lamps, so I sure do believe you can!

I have, often, had dreams that solved a design problem I was having on a purse I was working on. The brain is truly a wonder. Congratulations on your revelation.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

That happens to me more than I care to admit. I go to sleep with a design problem and wake up with the solution in its entirety. Yeah Quilt Faeries.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.ca

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I sew in my dreams as well...I think that is when you know for sure you are hooked on quilting. Can't wait to see the pic!
    I am so happy to know there are others who sew in their dreams After telling my DH about my dreams years ago and he gave me the 'get the butterfly net' look I've kept silent

I've been told that we dream about what we've been thinking about during the days. It is interesting how sometimes things get all mixed up in our dreams whereas people who, in real life who don't know each other, interact, and sometimes things like this happen.

So happy for you inspiration idea!

Some of my biggest quilting problems have been solved in my dreams - sure makes for a better night's sleep than a nightmare!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

This is how I came up with the idea of getting a handprint from all my Mother's decendents for a quilt for her 90th birthday. Turned out great.

That's awesome! I wish I had some dreams like that and then maybe I would be more productive.

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I don't have dreams like that. My dreams are terrible and hard to figure out. I'm always working or doing something weird.
    This is what happens to me. Some of my weird dreams I remember for years and years, especially the ones that made my heart race because of something that was going on in the dream.

I get my quilting inspriation when I'm doing other things: washing dishes, working in the garden, mowing lawn, cleaning house, etc. And now I get a lot of inspiration from people on this board: the pictures they post and the links they show. I think it is wonderful. I'll never make half the quilts that are on my bucket list, but I'm having fun trying.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast