Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Strata quilt pattern >

Strata quilt pattern

Strata quilt pattern

Old 08-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by frecklestweety
Looking for the strata quilt pattern that I thought would be in the Fons & Porter sept/oct magazine but it is not there. Do not want to buy the kit from lady fingers sewing studio as I thought it was too much money. Anyone have any idea the size of the block and the sizes of the strips. I have an idea on how it is contructed but just need some other info or a pattern that is similar. I can buy the material I think alot cheaper online. Any suggestions?
I sent Fons and Porter and email on this and they said that it is coming out in a special publication on Sept 13th. I have this on my calendar.lol Hope that helps.
Tammy
Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 AM

I watched Nancy's show about ombre quilting and loved it. I have an idea for a small quilt for a friend but have not found the fabric yet. I am looking for a wintery darker gray to almost white . Any ideas of where I might find it? I am also looking for ashe trees or something similar with light bark.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:03 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by dphelps
I watched Nancy's show about ombre quilting and loved it. I have an idea for a small quilt for a friend but have not found the fabric yet. I am looking for a wintery darker gray to almost white . Any ideas of where I might find it? I am also looking for ashe trees or something similar with light bark.
Look at the link upthread to the BryerPatch. Perhaps #1 (Gradations 1) or #14 (Gradations 2) would work for your project.

Also, the Serenity ombre fabrics are GORGEOUS, but I don't know if the white will be white enough for your project.

It's sold out at Nancy's Notions but I'm posting it so you can see that she has a much better picture of the fabric:
http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...mbre+fabric.do

It is available on eBay (and other stores) with the picture everyone else is using:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cara-Collect...item1e62a94850
Not a bad price per yard. Probably worth it to buy it in all the other colors as well to justify the shipping. :mrgreen:
Old 08-29-2011, 07:13 AM

Thanks MTS for the info. I am hoping to find one with a little more white. I will keeping looking.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 AM

I posted a long reply on a posting on the buy/sell section. I just now noticed that your original post was from a long time ago. You may want to look at it. I need to look more carefully at dates
Old 08-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by dphelps
You may also want to check out http://www.cottonclub.com/. They seem to have a large selection of ombre fabric.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:24 AM

thanks, Will do.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:18 AM

I found the pattern for the Carmel Latte one which is the same but using the rainbow fabrics.
http://www.amazon.com/Caramel-Barbar.../dp/B004KYWNVG
Hope this helps!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:09 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by yogglover
I found the pattern for the Carmel Latte one which is the same but using the rainbow fabrics.
See the other post:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-103507-3.htm#4242356
Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 AM

the issue of Fons and Porter's Scrap quilts is on the newsstand now. I'm waiting to use a coupon at Joann's (unless it's their usual 10% off for magazines.)