Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Okay so I was sitting here taking a break after quilting for every avaible hour today. And thinking to myself, I am sure I am not the only one!

Report and be counted!

Who is still finishing christmas gifts and what are you making? Only 6 days 'til Christmas, will you get it done. What will you do to get it finished.

Hopefully we can all cheer each other on.

I will report first.

I am binding a lap quilt for my son. (It will be done!)
    I have sashing, backing and hand tying to do on DD's t-shirt quilt. (I am hopeful it will be done!)
    I have blocks to piece (simple ones), sashing, sandwiching, quilting and binding (It will be done!)

I am holding on to hope.

Blog Entries
    I am done with all that I am going to do for Christmas!!! I cheated and bought the last few gifts :roll: :oops: The rest will get home made gifts next year :wink:
    I am still working on a few quilty things that need to be done and out by the end of the month :D:D:D

I'm working to bring to a close a 3 year old project for my DH. Looonnnnggg story. Anyway. I'm at the machine quilting stage, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel - and it's NOT a freight train!! :lol: It's called "Happy Trails", aptly named for all the Roy Rogers fabrics used. It'll be close, but DH keeps telling me not to stress over it. He knows it's almost done, so there's no pressure. :lol: I'll share a pic when it gets done.

Happy stress-less sewing,

Karla in CO

Well I just finished what I was working on. I just had to make one more gift card holder. Finished a few minutes ago.

I only made two quilts for gifts this year and they have already been recieved in the mail. :D

I just tonight, finished 4 placemats for my husband Jim. I was having to push myself to do this and not be staring at the Christmas movies on television. They are finally wrapped up and under the tree.

Banned
    I'm trying to finish a twin sized quilt for my mother-in-law. I just quilted about half of it tonight, with my machine frame, and I only have a little bit left to do tomorrow. And then on to my least favorite part...the binding. But I should finish this just in time, I think.

OK, I'm heading toward stressed! I just got my doll quilt for the swap done this week and still have to get a Christmas stocking done for my grandson who was 1 on Thursday. Last year he was released from the hospital on Christmas afternoon, 8 days after a very quick and unexpected feet-first delivery. He was 6 1/2 weeks early. Since he wasn't supposed to be around until the end of January, I didn't have a stocking done for his first Christmas. But now I've had a whole year, and do you think I'm done? No. Started? No. But I do have a design in mind. I did snowmen for his sister's stocking and he is getting penguins. I've done a rough sketch but need to draw it to scale and begin cutting fabric first thing Saturday morning. At least all the shopping is completed and 75% of the wrapping is done. And I'm going light on baking this year. So maybe I'll make it. I had other projects I had hoped to get to, but since it was just hopes and not promises, I'm not going to stress over them...just add them to WIPs. But this one must be completed before Dec. 24 in order for Santa to come!

I'm glad I'm not alone for being stressed. I've one quilt half tied, this is a Christmas present. I have 2 more blocks to finish for another quilt which also is suppose to be done for Christmas. I am not sure I'm going to make it with that second one. It's not like I didn't know about these two as I've been working on them for months. Where does the time go?? Guess just having too much fun in the sewing room with too many "Irons" in the fire.

no gift stress for me... but housecleaning stress... dd coming in tomorrow evening....

Sewing under a deadline at Christmas seems to be the norm for me. I do it to myself and then swear it'll never happen again......

I'm quilting DH's log cabin quilt this weekend. Lots of long diagonal lines-- thought they would be easy!! I'm still a novice at this, so as always there's a learning curve and lots of ripping. After that I need to make two pillowcases for DD and finish a flannel shirt that I'm refashioning into a tunic.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast