Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Strip Cutter

Blog Entries
    Since this topic has come up many times :wink: I came across this strip cutter that uses 45mm blades like our rotary cutters. It can cut extremely wide strips, too.

http://www.cutting-mats.net/paper-trimmer-2739.html

It looks like a nice cutter/ruler. It would be nice to know how far below the ruler the blade goes while cutting. This will be the difference between cutting one layer of fabric and six!

Well, it says for cutting "thin" things.. so I'm thinking probably not 6 layers at once.

From reading the ad, it might cut 3 or 4 layers. It says it will cut thin cardboard. And up to 36 inches.

Just received mine today that Teacup found on the net from Nancy's Notions. Pd full price for it but it sure is slick. I tried 6 fat quarters and was straight as an arrow. They are going to be hard to find cause fiskars has stopped making this one, only has Donna Dewberry's. The 24" is the size ruler I use everyday so it is nice that the cutter is built in. It's part of my xmas present from my hubby. LOVE IT!!!

Do these let you cut angles?

They have angle markings on it, but I honestly have not tried. It has a 30, 45 and 60 degree marking, the only thing that kinda is stumping me is how to cut an inch or 1 1/2 since the cutter is over those markings. I'm sure I'll figure out. It's just nice not to always be looking for my rotary when I'm finished with it, this is built in. I'll be playing with it soon, still under the weather.

Blog Entries
    I must be missing something here, why the stripper cutter instead of the ruler and rotary?

1st reason, safety for me, can cut smaller pcs more comfortably with less slippage. I just cut 6 layers of 2" squares out of 48" strips in a juffy. My large 6x24" requires a lot of pressure to not slip and some day I'm sure I'll come off that ruler and across my hand. This may not be for everybody but for someone as clumsy as me it works. And like I said before, I really have a problem finding my cutters on my table after I use them, never lay them in the same place, this is great it's one unit. So right now my side winder and this are two of my favorite tools.

Oh by the way, How cute is Olivia!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast