Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: strip cutting machine?

Has anyone purchased one of the strip cutting machines I see advertised all over in catalogs? I wonder if it really works like they say or is there a large learning curve to use it?
    Thanks for any input.

From what I have read on other boards you have to be pretty careful while feeding the fabric. Much like sewing, one little jiggle and the cut will be off. I've looked at these machines myself and think I will stick with my rotary cutter and ruler for now.

I have one I bought at Wal-mart when they did a remodel and clearanced out the sewing department. I paid $17.00 for it. But it will take loads of practice. you have to be careful with the feeding of the fabric, I have heard from others that the plastic table that you can buy for it makes a big difference.

I use the June Taylor shapemakers. They cut several strips at a time and very seldom do I have a "v".

http://www.junetailor.com/videos.htm

I haven't tried that. I think I have better control with my ruler and rotary cutter. If I could see one in action, then I might consider it.