Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Strip Piecing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by refibered
    One more suggestion: when you're sewing WOF strips, alternate the direction of your sewing with each added strip. Don't begin at the same end of the strips each time, which can send you off course a bit.

I learned this on my first quilt, which consisted of 22 WOF strips. Very pretty, but lots of frogging (rip-it, rip-it).

rf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by refibered
    One more suggestion: when you're sewing WOF strips, alternate the direction of your sewing with each added strip. Don't begin at the same end of the strips each time, which can send you off course a bit.

I learned this on my first quilt, which consisted of 22 WOF strips. Very pretty, but lots of frogging (rip-it, rip-it).

rf
    Life is never dull and certainly we have to "roll with the punches." I was laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair and sure enough, I pushed the send before I had responded.

What you say is perfectly true, but the way you said it made me ROFLOL.

GramMER

try cutting the length of the fabric instead of the width, this will lay flatter, also when sewing strips together alternate the rows i.e. where you end sewing row one, start row 2 at that end and vice versa this will keep the strata straight and not curved

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3