Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stubborn Little Tracing Papers bits from free motion Quilting

Izy
    I bought it in the U.K. Its quite abit softer than a regular eraser, and you can rub out pencil marks..and it works!!! But I also use it to rub out the little bits of thread after ripppppppppppppping out seams sometimes :D

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    I bought it in the U.K. Its quite abit softer than a regular eraser, and you can rub out pencil marks..and it works!!! But I also use it to rub out the little bits of thread after ripppppppppppppping out seams sometimes :D
    HMMM, I wonder if one of those art erasers -- kinda like putty that you "stretch away" the erasures and it's clean again. Sorry that's the best I can do with the description. :oops: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Aggi, I find that I don't have all that many if I tear it out slowly. I haven't used the same brand that you are using though. I use the stuff that you buy at art supply stores for architects/interior designers..called velumn paper.

I use cheap typing paper for my piecing and when I'm ready to tear it off, I try to give it a fold next to the stiches. Seems to work pretty good. Not too many little pieces get stuck.

With your suggestions I found I tear the paper slowly, then using my blue with white polka dot little tweezers from Avon, I take out the little stubborn pieces. After that I used clear packing tape, enough to wrap around my index and middle finger and pat with the sticky side to remove all the pieces.. Works like a charm and its not that time consuming!! Trevor thinks I'm NUTS!! but hey thats normal for me!!

Thanks again for all your suggestions and advice!! I don't mind removing the pesky tracing bits now!!.. Now I just need to order another one of the fabulous tweezers from Avon to put back in my make up bag!! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2