Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff you USE for Quilting, that isn't originally for Quilting!!!

Best tool in the world to clean lint from sewing machine is a well washed mascara brush.

One stiletto I use is an old metal dart (from a dart board game) where the feathers have been broken off.

A carpenter's square, but not so much since the advent of plastic rulers.
    Clear plastic candy containers, given-away by the market, which are great for sorting buttons, labels, cuffs and plackets from clothing deconstruction.
    Last edited by Greenheron; 12-08-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
    I can't believe I read the whole thing! Took about four hours and I learned a lot.
    I'll add just a few more.
    .......... and I can't believe this thread has continued to groooooooow all this time!

Thanks MavisKW and others ........ for adding more of the non-typical quilting supplies!
    ... They often come for a LOT less $$$ than the "official" quilting items, and work every bit as good (or even better!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I have read these pages, leave for a few days and come back and read some more. THANK YOU to everyone that has made a post.

What I do with all these great ideas: I have cut & pasted all the ideas I like, into a Word documemt, then I will print them off and keep them close to my sewing area as a 'reminder' of when I need some ideas for various things. This is much easier than having to try and remember everything. LOL

HTH
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    I have read these pages, leave for a few days and come back and read some more. THANK YOU to everyone that has made a post.

What I do with all these great ideas: I have cut & pasted all the ideas I like, into a Word documemt, then I will print them off and keep them close to my sewing area as a 'reminder' of when I need some ideas for various things. This is much easier than having to try and remember everything. LOL

HTH

Good Plan!

Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
    I converted a wooden papertowel holder for large spools of thread. I drilled small holes in the base and put in two more dowels and put some eyelet lag screws in the top for thread guides. It can hold 3 large thread cones.
    Now THAT is clever!

Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    On what????!!!!! Your pattern book? Your husband? To anyone with dumb question??? I'm outa here!!!! :-P
    Laughed so much!
    Annie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post

HTH
    Thats a great idea, my problem is I would forget about the document in a time of need...I love to read everyone's ideas so many good ones.
    dee
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

An ash tray to hold the tip of my mini iron
    An eyeglass case to hold my cutter
    A glass dish to hold my pins. It's made likre a sugar bowl with handles on both sifde but wider and shallower so I can get my hand in there just right and it looks cute sitting out.
    An old little wooden box to hold my supplies on my cutting table

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt View Post
    An eyeglass case to hold my cutter
    Oh, I like that idea!

* yogurt, tupperware lids etc. to cut plastic templates
    * one of those brass paper holders for next to the fireplace ... works well to hold plastic rulers; and almost always in-stock at the thrift stores!
    * upright paper towel holder, to hold stack rolls of painter's tape
    * cream and sugar -- one for the hair clips for binding, the other for small stuff (trimming scissors, stitch rippers, binding thread etc.); and when I find a set complete with a serving tray, then one will become as pin cushion, as the tray will hold the small stuff!

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast