Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Success!

I feel like shouting for joy!

As a few of you may know, I'm a newbie to quilting. I've yet to make my first quilt. Well today my MIL came over, brought me tons of fabric - scraps and larger pieces - as well as tools (rotary, cutting mat, ironing board, etc). She showed me how to piece together the rail fence (is it rail fence or fence rail?).

Together we ironed, measured, cut, sewed and pressed about 10 parts for the rail fence (they weren't whole blocks, haven't got that far yet...I'm talking about sewing three strips together to form a fourth of a block).

She left a little while ago and I did nine more. I ran out of fabric to do anymore, but as it stands I've got either a nice little wall hanging-to-be or maybe a lap quilt-to-be.

So I said all of that to say that I'm SO excited about quilting! What a thrill I got when things began to make sense, and how much more exciting when I figured out I could do it on my own! This all may sound silly, but I think you all will understand. Can't wait for DH to get home so I can gush about how awesome this day has been!!

Power Poster
    :-D :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo!!! :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Way to go!!!! You are hooked now...LOL

It's not silly at all. I still remember making my first quilt and the way it made me feel to see what I was creating. I still get the feeling. I'm so happy for you. Do you have more fabric coming? If not I would be happy to share some of my fat quarters with you. Send me a PM.

dont ever lose this exuberance, its wonderful to see.

Thanks all!! :D

I have more fabric, littlehud, I just ran out of one of the three I was using for the strips. She gave me about 2.5 plastic grocery bags full of fabric so I'll be set for awhile - but I surely appreciate the offer. :)

How wonderful, especially the time spent with the MIL, and what a great thing for her to bring you the fabric. Enjoy, and treasure the time you have.

Glad you got over the case of nerves you had this morning and were able to enjoy your first quilting experience.

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo!! Now you have proven to yourself that you can do it!!! Have fun and keep up the good work!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast