Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suffering Mom-cry of help

Blog Entries
    My daughter found this request on esty. I am haven't done anything more then read it. But I thought I would post it and maybe someone could help. So sad.
    Here is the link to the request on esty.

http://www.etsy.com/alchemy/request....49&action=view

Baby Clothes Keepsake Quilt
    posted 1/12/2011 , expires 2/2/2011
    My 10 month old daughter passed away on Dec 26, 2010. I'm just now able to look at all the clothes she used to wear. I couldn't bring myself to box them up or sell/give them away. So I have decided to make a keepsake quilt out of them, but I don't have the time, patience or enough tears to make them.
    I'm hoping someone can make a quilt out of them.

I would like 2 maybe 3 made out of them if possible.

I wanted one to be made in to a throw size, and another where I can hang it up on the wall. I wasn't sure on the price, so I just listed whatever, and I couldn't think of a proper and reasonable deadline.

Please message me if you're interested so that we can discuss further details. Thank you.
    Materials:
    Tags:

Ideal price: $250.00
    Deadline: Jul 23, 2011
    Quantity: 2
    Ship To: Dallas, TX 75243
    United States

Thank you for sharing.

so sad, my heart aches

Very sad.

SO sad!

Being the mother who has lost a child way to early I wish I had the confidence in my own quilting to do this for her. My biggest fear is that it would not turn out PERFECT. I hope she can find someone (even if it is or isn't here) that will do this and do it RIGHT. Not just throw the clothes together to make a quick buck (it looks like she is willing to pay whatever the quilter wanted).

Quote Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    Being the mother who has lost a child way to early I wish I had the confidence in my own quilting to do this for her. My biggest fear is that it would not turn out PERFECT. I hope she can find someone (even if it is or isn't here) that will do this and do it RIGHT. Not just throw the clothes together to make a quick buck (it looks like she is willing to pay whatever the quilter wanted).
    I'm so sorry for your loss and hers. I have not suffered that particular tragedy, but I feel the same way. I considered offering to do it only for the cost of shipping (because I live in Canada), but I don't feel my skill is what this project deserves. :( I have a 9 month old and just cannot imagine the heart ache...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    Yes those were my thoughts exactly. My 1st GGD is now in heaven so this request really hits home.

Having lost two children myself, I certainly empathize with her....it is SO HARD--and the pain never goes away. You just get so you can function again....

I decided to send her a message. My heart really feels pulled to help this woman. So I explained to her that I am a new quilter, and what my limitations are, and offered to do her quilts for only the cost of shipping and that I will supply all other needed materials. Whether she requests me to do it or not it up to her...I'll update if I hear from her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast