Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions anyone? Need help here!

I am looking to buy a new sewing machine for my niece. My SIL, her daughter & I went in together and got her a $150 Brother from Joanne's that she really liked. About 4 months ago, my niece and her husband lost their entire home & contents including the new at that time, 1 week old, sewing machine. So I want to get her another and have been looking at so many diff models I am getting dizzy. I love the internet for comparison shopping, but... I'd like to keep it under $200 and computerized. The Brother she had I can't even find anymore. Any ideas ladies?

Craigslist has some good deals, some even brand new in the box. You should be able to find something there that won't break the bank and will get her through until she finds something else she really likes.

Love my Janome Machines. I lucked out on EBay, brand new saving an extra $100, never had any issues on one machine. I owe 4 different models and love them all. Today most companies and models are so much alike and all great, that it's hard to pick.

About a month or two ago, I bought a Brother CS6000-i from Walmart's online for approximately $160 including shipping and tax

Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE
    About a month or two ago, I bought a Brother CS6000-i from Walmart's online for approximately $160 including shipping and tax
    i bought this for one of my girls about 3 years ago. She loves it. has had no problems at all. i used it whn i visited her last spring, nice little machine.i think i paid a bit less than that online plus shipping.

I bought this machine from Amazon. I bought it to take to classes. I haven't used it much, but when I did use it, I liked it. Someone on this board recommended it. Whoever that was or others that use the machine more often than I do, can tell you more about it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Brother-CS6000...8806333&sr=8-1

Overstock.com sometimes has some good deals with free shipping, especially during the holiday season.

Walmart was actually the cheapest place to get it and shipping was free.

Thats really nice of you....Im no help. My husband said that I should really replace the one I ran over and I can't decide what I want....there is so much out there to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by debbiemoo
    I am looking to buy a new sewing machine for my niece. My SIL, her daughter & I went in together and got her a $150 Brother from Joanne's that she really liked. About 4 months ago, my niece and her husband lost their entire home & contents including the new at that time, 1 week old, sewing machine. So I want to get her another and have been looking at so many diff models I am getting dizzy. I love the internet for comparison shopping, but... I'd like to keep it under $200 and computerized. The Brother she had I can't even find anymore. Any ideas ladies?
    I bought a new Brothers HS2000 this year from AllBrands.com. They have many different kinds of machines at great prices, all the comments raved about their customer service & I had my machine 2 days after placing the order. I love it!! It's a featherweight computerized with 70+ stitches & I got a refurbished deal with a serger. Not sure how much each was separately, but some of their machines are low priced. Give them a look see!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast