Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: suggestions for hand quilting pattern

Blog Entries

Cool suggestions for hand quilting pattern

I have a quilt top that my mother made in 1963. I want to finish the quilt, but have not been able to decide what type of quilting should be done on a parasol ladies quilt. I can't post a picture of it for a few days, do not have enough home time to dig it out. the muslin that the parasol lady is appliqued on is very thin, so i know I will have to be very careful with it.

You may have to wait for that picture for an answer. My first thought was to do an echo of the ladies, second thought to "frame" the ladies, then I decided I really need to see the quilt first.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I'm assuming the parasol ladies are appliqued. I'd outline the applique and then do a cross hatch in the background. There are also a number of straight lines patterns you could use as well. Google quilting stencils and you will find a number of background stencils. You don't necessarily need to purchase the stencil, but it will give you ideas.

I just saw this on Pinterest and this is what I remember my mother had doing to hers.
    I think Traditional Quilters would also be perfect.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/262334747015328661/

Blog Entries
    Am I wrong but isn't there a picture of this quilt design on a finished quilt on this site?
    Finished is better than a UFO